Protect Your Business
In a time of ever-tightening budgets, businesses of all sizes are turning to IP surveillance solutions to do more with less, simplify connectivity and centralize security management tasks. IP cameras also provide embedded features and high resolution images that can be more useful when responding to crime.
Advantages of IP Surveillance include:
- Superior image quality – IP cameras provide much higher resolution (up to 4 Megapixels), cover more area than analog cameras and capture details (i.e. facial details) that traditional CCTV cameras miss.
- Scalable and flexible – To expand your surveillance network you can simply add new cameras and purchase licenses for them. Additionally, the amount of cable runs can be reduced compared to analog cameras since cameras close to each other can be connected to a switch with a single cable running from the switch to the Network Video Recorder (NVR). Power over Ethernet (PoE) functionality enables use of a single wire for both signal and power which eliminates the need for a separate power source.
- Audio capable – IP surveillance cameras can steam audio with the video allowing for better incident analysis.
- Remote access – Access the cameras from authorized computers on your network or even from your phone using the cameras cell phone app.
- Alerting – Set your cameras to flag specific events occurring in the cameras field of view such as motion detection, missing objects or even tampering with the camera. If a flagged event occurs you can be immediately notified and the footage reviewed without having to review hours of footage.